Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grading the teacher?

Report cards went home today. In anticipation of this most wonderful/agonizing day, one of my sophomores, who I taught as a 7th and 8th grader, decided he wants to give me a daily grade. He's a pretty goofy kid. He started this on standardized test day. Which was irritating. And consisted of my having a mysterious throat infection. I was mildly amused by this, since he's a pretty goofy kid and all.

"Ms. M., today I'd have to say your grade is an 'F.'"

I'd say a C- that day, maybe a D+, personally, because I just wasn't myself.

I told him, "Gee, thanks."

He said, "Yeah. As in, "FREAKIN' AWESOME!"

Yesssss....


Today, I didn't have that class. He gave me a B. Not sure why.


************************************************************

Last period today was my journalism seniors. I had to hand out their report cards. One kid kept taking his from the pile and putting it on top.Just to annoy me. I put it on the bottom to annoy him back, and slowly handed out all of the others. He picked up a witch hat that was being used in my partner's art class earlier in the week, and put it on my head.

"You have to wear this the rest of the day. Because that's pretty much what you are."

Haha. I love seniors and sophomores.

No comments:

Post a Comment