Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And it cost me a FORTUNE...

Being a big "Peanuts" fan this year I got one of the two-foot replicas of Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree to set up on the back counter in my classroom. I set it up this morning and I got some nice comments from my first class. It was there all during class, and with about five minutes left in my second hour, one of the kids finally noticed it.

"Hey, Mr. B!" he said. "Your tree looks kind of scrawny!"

"You've got to be kidding me," I said. "One of you guys has to know where that tree is from."

One of the smarter kids in class got it. "That's Charlie Brown's tree!"

"Right," I confirmed.

A third kid looked at it, kind of puzzled, then he turned to me and asked, in all seriousness, "Is that the real one from the TV show?"

1 comment:

  1. HA! One of the trees donated to us for our set was a light tree. It had the appearance of being a Charlie Brown tree. My students kept asking why we had a Charlie-Brown-looking-tree. I said it was a forest. Sometimes that happens.

    ReplyDelete